What has worked and what lessons have already been learned?
• There are many guidelines available, but not many
• Training seems to have been successful in several
• Data collection is a barrier for clinics
• Financial sustainability (e.g. billing/coding) is a barrier
What are the objectives of BFCI?
• To increase the initiation and duration of
chest/breastfeeding families in New Mexico
• To improve postpartum care in New Mexico
• To increase the number of clinics in New Mexico with
immediate lactation resources
• To improve health care provider education about
chest/breastfeeding, lactation, and supplementation
• To promote chest/breastfeeding as cultural norm
throughout clinic practices in New Mexico