Click here to access the Q2 2019 Member Meeting Agenda
Virtual option available:
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/467141141
Dial: 1 646 558 8656
Meeting ID: 467 141 141
Member Meeting Etiquette and Ground Rules
Members are all passionate, come from all walks of life and backgrounds, but have a common mission: to improve the health of New Mexico families by creating supportive environments in which breastfeeding is the cultural norm. We strive to bridge the gap in breastfeeding disparities and are committed to making sure all families have the support they need to reach their breastfeeding goals. Therefore, at local and statewide meetings, we will all participate using the following ground rules:
- Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain.
- Praise, affirm, and uplift.
Treat everyone with respect and respect their views
- Actively listen and ask questions.
- Don’t interrupt. Allow people to finish making their point.
- Don’t monopolize the discussion. Make your point clearly and concisely.
- Try to honestly see things from the other person’s point of view.
- When there is disagreement, begin with sincere praise. Confrontation means “bringing heads together” to create a better idea.
- Respect the views of all participants.
- Arrive at the meeting on time.
- Be prepared to be productive, having read documents sent before the meeting.
- Participate. We need your ideas.
- If the group is not able to reach consensus, it may be wise to table the discussion.
- Avoid electronic distractions. Turn off cell phones.
- Keep side conversations to a minimum.